Friday, April 18, 2008

A "hot" 9th Circuit

Shiloh had the opportunity to do Oral Arguments in front of the 9th circuit court in San Francisco. You get 10 minutes to present your side of the case in front of three big wig judges, and one of the three was the chief justice. With all respect it was like a three vultures ready to strike. I was a nervous wreck- but was very proud of my husband. He kept his composure very well and answered the million questions he was asked without hesitation. I had tried to help him prepare, but realized I failed to ask as many questions as the judges (when they ask a ton of questions and you are not able to present the speech you prepared it's called "hot.") It was an experience to remember! The building was beautiful and intimidating with all the marble and intricate details, even the court room had a reverence to it. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to watch my Shiloh in action! Wooo hooo

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job Shiloh! It sounds like you did a really great job with the "vultures." :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

That is SO EXCITING!!! Jim told me about this--he said Shiloh was presenting to the judges just under the Supreme Court. I think I would've freaked! Great job Shiloh!