Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clean Resolution

Growing up I had the best sister in the world. We shared a bedroom, and she was extremely tidy. Whenever I became a pig she would do the honors of cleaning it up for me. She even went so far as to straighten up my drawers. It got to be such a sweet gig that I even paid her to do my chores! Not all the time with money, but time consuming things like helping her to win every spelling bee! Needless to say I had the best sister in the world!!

If we fast forward to the present day, you would walk into my bedroom and realize that I need her back in my life. A couple of days ago my daughter walked into my room and stated "Mom, why can't you keep your room clean, the rest of the house is?" Talk about feeling bad, she then walked into the closet and matched up all the shoes and put both mine and her fathers shoes in a very nice order. After giving her a huge hug and thanking her she proceeded to tell me that I need to keep it looking that way.

Ahhhhh- I guess I do have my sister still living with me.

  • New Years Resolution #1: Keep the whole house clean- including the places that nobody else will see.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is awesome!!!

Aaron has teased me about me cleaning up after you. He thought you were very smart about the whole thing. Why would you clean if you have someone to do it for you? I think he might be playing the same game. Haha.

That seriously makes me laugh. Go Emma.

Grandpas Cook said...

Out of the mouths of babes.

Trezise Momma said...

Emma is too funny. Can she come straighten up Will's side of the closet? Love your new background.

kj said...

That's so funny! Emma is darling. She can come organize my closet any time she wants to!

Stacey said...

haha good luck with that one and when you do get everything clean and organized will you come do my house? I am in desperate need of some decluttering. Oh wait maybe I will just ask Michelle... lol...