Thursday, January 14, 2010

Final Young Womens Project

All year I knew that I wanted to recover some Book of Mormons for my Young Women as a Christmas present. My friend Kirsta Evans taught me how, and then I proceeded to make 19. The first step was to rip off the covers and take out the pages. Talk about feeling guilty ripping apart BOM's. Next, I recovered them with paper and embellishments, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the paper. Here are what the finished books looked like. The bummer part is that I was released two weeks before Christmas, but the wonderful new YW pres. still let me give them out. I sure will miss those girls!

6 comments:

andrea said...

They look gorgeous! What a cool idea.

The Travis' said...

Those are awesome!!! You are so talented!!! Why were you released?? Who is the new YW pres?? Hope you are doing good!!!
Miss ya!!

Lindsay said...

The girls loved these by the way. :) I heard several of them say, "I feel so special," or "This is the best present ever."

Michelle said...

Seriously, great job! I love them!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

really?!! You did ALL that? Can I be one of your Young Women?

Halsey said...

Um, those are so stinking cute! Sometime you'll have to e-mail me and tell me the secrets of how you did it.