Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Elf on the Shelf

This year Grandpa and Grandma Hoggard sent us "The elf on the Shelf." It is a book which is accompanied by one of Santa's elves. This elf is named by the children of the house and then he sits on a shelf and watches you all day, but at night he flies home to Santa and reports how you have been. When returning in the morning he sits in a new location, which my children love finding each morning. After careful contemplation and time Emma and Sean affectionately named our elf Pinocchio. They are very excited to find him each morning, they sneak him cookies, tell him secrets, give him Santa letters, and love every minute he is around. He has truly found some fun places to be, and this picture shows where he was today. This is a very exciting tradition that we are pleased and happy to continue each year!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute idea!

Grandpas Cook said...

That will keep your kids on their best behavior. Good gift Grandma and Grandpa Hoggard.

allison said...

love it. we need one of those!

Trezise Momma said...

I have heard of this recently and think it is a wonderful idea! I love the twist on moving him arounf and letting the kids find him! Cute!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Dans mom sent us the exact same thing last year-ours is RED BUDDY! It ROCKS

tiff said...

I love that tradition!!!! I'm going to copy it next year. :)

The Bargar Beauties said...

I totally want one of those! Great idea, I hope I remember next year to look into getting one too.