Monday, December 8, 2008

Party in December

Today was soooo much fun!! I started by staying up late last night making and frosting 24 cupcakes and making my masterpiece of pies (Mountain Berry.) At 10 we loaded up the van with our decorated radio flyer wagon and went down to the fairgrounds for Emma to be in her first parade. Her girl scout neighborhood led the Christmas parade this year. They were able to hand out candy, and walk/ride the full two miles. It was sooooooo much fun! It reminded me of all the times I was in parades for clogging or other reasons. Anyways here are some adorable pictures of her and her fellow Daisy's.
Yes- we pulled an empty wagon for most of the time!
Emma could have also been in her schools float-I took a picture because it looked so neat.
During the parade Shiloh took Sean to a swimming birthday party and then he and Ryan met up with us along the route to see Emma in the parade. She proudly gave her brother a piece of candy. At the end of the parade I pulled Emma and Skyla back along the parade route so that they could see the rest of the parade. We met up with Shiloh, picked up Sean, and then went to The Ledbetter Law Firm Family Christmas Social. This is why I made the pie and cupcakes.
Ryan wanted a ride, but mom wasn't going to let it happen- Next year! When we got there the kids went and played in the bounce house and rode horses. Ryan explored every nook and cranny and loved the chickens. We then stuffed our faces with some excellent food.
We discovered Sean's amazing talent to play the drums- he really did have rhythm. Go Sean! Emma enjoyed a few rounds of ping pong- until a frog was used as the ballRyan made a new friend named Logan (they were reserved their own bounce time!)
We got home in time to clean the house and get ready for our UGLY SWEATER COUPLES CHRISTMAS PARTY! We got a babysitter- who had it easy because my kids were so tired they were asking to go to sleep when she got there. It was a fun party where we had a competition to see who could wear the ugliest sweater, and we had appetizers, played games, and had a present exchange. Their was a lot of laughter! By the time I got home I was ready to fall asleep!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, what a packed day! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Grandpas Cook said...

I am exhausted reading about your day. Sounds like a blast. Cute pictures.

kj said...

Why didn't I see Emma in the parade? Bummer. Horse rides at the firm's party? What a great idea. Maybe Bill will take me horse-back riding for our "company party" this year! And who won the ugly sweater contest? Wish we could've been there!

tiff said...

Holy cow! What a day. I had no idea you were so domestic and super-mom-ish. You're putting me to shame here. Pies and cupcakes and parading and gingerbread houses? I have a new respect for you, Julie.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh yeah we were cheering for our favorite Daisy's!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND then I saw you that evening! and of course we LOVE LEDBETTER b/c of the families he brings in!

Lindsay said...

LOoks like fun - wish we could have come to the social! I'm playing single mom right now while Bryan takes finals - ugh! I'm sure you know how that is!! Cute pictures.