Friday, May 1, 2009

Verde Valley Fair 2009

Read to Ride; in other words read 6 books and you get into the fair and you get to ride 3 rides for free. How awesome is that! So Emma went with her elementary school and I took the little joyschool that I was in charge of today. Lucky for me half the class was missing (I didn't realize I was lucky until after the event, because they wore me out!)
Here is Ryland, Sean, Ryan and Makena
with me in the back (Seans attempt at a funny face!)
Thanks goes out to Sister Pat Howard for taking the picture!
Sean finally getting up the nerve to pet a goat.
Yes it was over 90 degrees and he's wearing shorts and a sweatshirt.
I tried to be a good mother and get him to change but after a fight decided it wasn't worth it!
Ryland and some of Makena petting a goat.
Ryan pestering the baby goat that was trying to sleep
I just laughed We saw pigs, cows, goats, bunnies, turkeys, and lots of poop!
Towards the end they were getting hot and tired and so we took a minute to relax. This is the best way to relax at the fair!
Next we moved onto our 3 rides.
Sean and Makena were dare devils and rode the roller coaster together. They both loved it a lot!
Next we ran into Emma and her school- which was a real treat.
So Ryland, Makena and Sean rode the spinning dragons
Next they all wanted to be truckers! Including sweet Makena!
Sean was in heaven with the thumbs up Ryland was all grins because he was the lead truck!
Rylands final ride!
Then I got to hear how they all wanted to ride a ton more, and I politely told them no.
By the time I dropped them off at their homes they were either asleep or pretty close to it!
It was fun to watch their excitement especially when a cow actually moooooooooed!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun and exhausting day!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I thought you might be a little LOCO to take them all BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!! Thanks for the fair experience...I think it is all they are getting!

Grandpas Cook said...

You are such a fun mom. Can I come live with you?

Trezise Momma said...

You are a brave Momma for taking all those kids to the fair! What a woman!