Saturday, October 17, 2009

YW Activities in Review

So for the 5th Wednesday of September we combine the three wards in our building for one large youth activity. This time I was in charge- so I planned a Scripture Scavenger Hunt. My presidency and I created passports for everyone and they had to go to 7 places to receive a stamp. BUT in order to get a stamp they had to either answer a question or do something. At each station I had a member of the church dress up as a scripture character. Brother Allred went all out with his outfit. It was a very successful evening and everyone seemed to have a ton of fun. It was worth all the effort.
For a combined Young Women's activity the girls wanted to do Karaoke, but I was unable to find a machine and so to improvise we played American Idol on the Wii. It was soooooo fun and silly. Yet hard- it actually let you know if you were on key. We have a few talented girls that were fun to watch, but I have no talent and just had fun with my performance. Here is the grand finally with all of us singing. Ahhhh

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

oooh I want ot be in your Young Womnes...and your forgot to write that while you are doing all these fantastic activities you are making some YUMMY cakes for your friends b-days. THANKS again...it made my day!!!