Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Fun

The kids used up almost all the Lego's to build this enormous tower- that actually stood on it's own for a few minutes! Thanks goes out to Dad who helped!!
This year I went all out in the canning department. I canned Peaches, Pears, and Applesauce. Yummy!! Here are a few snapshots of the process. Special thanks goes out to Cindy Kleinman who spent a lot of time with me helping me out! More Thanks goes out to my helpful young men who were all too willing to help! Thanks Sean and Ryan.
Here is Sean grinding up the apples to make the applesauce!
Ryan was a big helper, but did not want his picture taken.
When I bought the pear they were individually wrapped and Ryan unwrapped each and every one. I just had to throw the mess away and it kept him entertained for a long time. :)
I had to let them ripen on my counter for a few days and they were rearranged numerous times by my kids. Ryan being the most organized one.
We went to Cottonwoods first ever Airport Appreciation Day.
We walked around and looked at airplanes, helicopters, and cars for almost two hours, ate some pancakes, and watched some shows. We even had 3 F16s fly over- the kids loved all the excitement.
These were cool fast little planes doing fancy maneuvers Here are some WWII biplanes that flew over 4 times They performed the Missing Man formation- it was awesome to watch!

5 comments:

Grandpas Cook said...

You have had a busy, fun fall. Love the lego tower. Good job on the canning projects.

Grandpas Cook said...

Oh yeah, wish I could have seen the airshow with you. Maybe next year.

Grandpas Cook said...

Love the new background and header.
Lots of fun.

Michelle said...

I'm impressed with all the applesauce you made, and I'm sure you wouldn't have been able to do it without all your great help! ;)

Cute blog background.

Camilla said...

We really enjoy going to AirShows, too.
I made applesauce with my mom this year. Melece and I went to help mom, but we also juggled babies. Tucker did a lot of cranking and he was so proud of himself.