Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

This year for Thanksgiving my parents came down from Utah for the entire week. My kids and I were spoiled. Shiloh and I even went and saw a movie together and didn't have to pay a babysitter- yeah. BTW the movie "AUSTRALIA" is awesome and I highly recommend it. Here are some pictures of our wonderful feast and treasured grandparent moments!
Everyone asks what one of our food traditions is and here is our famous one. We wrap our turkey in bacon and it comes out delicious. (Notice that some of the turkey is missing due to it being ate while cooking!) Other's are: my mothers homemade rolls, the Howards Frozen Lime Dessert, and . . . . . .
Here is the rest of the grub- we attempted new mashed potatoes from the Ledbetter family- thanks Rita they were a hit. I wish I had gotten a picture of my pies- I tried a new fancy top and it came out pretty good.
Here is the table before we ate!
Emma made this turkey at school to place next to the one we ate.
Here we are finishing eating!
This year we officially invited the PIG! Despite his age I believe he ate more than I did, and continued to do so over the next few days.
Grandpa and all the grand kids watching the game!
We pulled out all the Christmas stuff the day after Thanksgiving, and I managed to put up most of it. Just as a side note- I did not fall off the ladder this year or get stuck on top of the roof and have to call for help. Ryan is so excited for the coming holiday and for his next meal!

3 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

I'll bet your food was yummy, because I know you, and you can cook, Girl! Save a spot for me at Christmas! Bacon-wrapped turkey? Are you kidding me? I am so there.

tiff said...

That's so fun that your parents came down for Thanksgiving! (And I'm all about the free babysitting....)

Your bacon-wrapped turkey sounds awesome! I bet it's super juicy.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

PIG belongs in our family!!!! Oooh look at you with big long tall fancy candles---ooooh! Fancy!