Thursday, February 26, 2009

Firm Retreat- Greer, AZ

For 2009 Shiloh's Law Firm put us up in Greer, Arizona at the Red Setters Inn and Cottages. It is right next to the ShowLow/Pinetop area and located right on the Little Colorado. Nothing for miles and viewing the stars at night was spectacular. It was beautiful!! We were all in the cabin pictured above, the fires never died down, and the service was wonderful- fresh bread or cookies, breakfast and lunch, and the staff was very helpful even when I locked my keys in the room twice.
  • Brett and CJ Rigg
  • Jim and Rita Ledbetter
  • Mike and Colleen Gilboy
  • Lindsay Rich
  • William Fischbach
  • Patricia Prekup
  • Brian and Lindsay Hepworth
  • The New Guy :) (Clyde)

Grandma and Grandpa Conder drove down on Wednesday to get their yearly dose of "grandkids without parents." It's nice to know that they love it so much that I don't have to worry!

We left on Thursday, and it took about 4 hours to get there. That night we essentially unpacked, relaxed and gabbed. We went to Molly's for dinner and had "Mormon gravy!" We were quite loud and had a wonderful time.

On Friday the attorneys had all their meetings so CJ and I tried Cross Country skiing. It was way too patchy and we ended up falling and just laughing a lot. At lunch Shiloh told my embarrassing "chili burger" story, and I continued to hear and be teased about that for the next two days. After lunch Rita, Colleen, Lindsay, and I went Horseback riding in the snow- how beautiful. We were going to go on a sleigh ride, but the attorneys got their Escalade stuck in the snow and mud for two hours. At dinner I received my dessert first- yummy lava cake- why not I'm on vacation and my kids aren't around. Back at the cabin we stayed up playing pictionary- boys vs girls! Brian and Lindsay Hepworth showed up for the evening too.

On Saturday we woke up early- I was the alarm clock for everyone. We went to Sunrise Ski Resort and spent the next 7 hours skiing. Since I had only been once when I was 13 with my Father I soon found out I was starting at Level 0. Brett the magnificent skier first tried to help me, but CJ took over and spent a good portion of her day skiing the easy slopes with me. At the end of the day she convinced me to try a blue, which I did and struggled with. To her credit she did an amazing job as a coach and friend to get me down off the mountain. Shiloh stayed at the lodge and kept track of the 12 people skiing or boarding- then sledded for a couple runs. It was a fun and exhausting day!! (I was extremely sore for 4 continuous days afterwards) I am also wearing my "Nacho Libre" pants- haha Thanks Colleen!

My First lift to try out the bunny slope!
Such great form!- hehe Getting better- now lets try out the real deal Pure fun with friends!
Despite the severe sunburn and muscle pain

On Sunday we drove home in the Escalade with Will. It was a nice relaxing and fun trip-

PS: Once Colleen sends me pictures I will update. bc she took over 200 pics

Thank you to the Ledbetter Law Firm!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, you have to take the ski lift to get to the bunny slope? It must be bigger than I am imagining.

I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

jer and lous crew said...

looks like a great place to chill out...i'll have to check it out on the web...we don't like to ski but we do love a great place to just be us...looks like a ton of fun loves

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Heck yes ! I want to be in your law firm for a weekend? It looked PERFECT!!!!

Grandpas Cook said...

Yep, we do love watching those grandchildren of ours. We are resting up for next year. :)
Miss you already.
Love,
Mom

The Bargar Beauties said...

How fun! I've tried cross country skiing and it is not easy!!! Man, I've should have married a lawyer from Ledbetter:)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WOW--what a fun trip! That looks amazing!