Sunday, June 22, 2008

Laundry

You know it's a toss up as to which I hate worse- laundry or dishes. These are also the two jobs that keep getting larger the longer I am married. Today I did 8 loads- GOOD GRIEF! Sometimes I think it would be worth it to go to a laundry mat and get it all done in 90 minutes and you know the kids would have a blast. I always get the question as to whether or not I ever use my laundry lines so here is proof that I do. When the temperature outside is at 105 and you can choose to dry towels in the dryer for 40 minutes waisting electricity or hang them outside and they will be dry in 10 minutes using our natural resources, I choose the later. (Note: I never dry underwear or shirts outside) It's also fun seeing them drying because I have memories of my grandparents and my parents doing the same thing. I need to know if I am totally old fashioned or if anyone dries their clothes like this or wants to?

6 comments:

Grandpas Cook said...

Two thumbs up for using the clothes line. You deserve the "Going Green Award" of the day.

Michelle said...

I can't believe 8 loads of laundry in one day! Sheesh! We only have like 3 loads a week and I feel like I do it a lot. Not even. That picture totally reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa. Good times!

Unknown said...

Today, as I was doing my 7 (should have been 8)loads of laundry, I had a flashback of my grandma hanging clothes on the lines in her backyard. I thought to myself, "If I had clothes lines I would hang these sheets outside. I wonder if anyone actually does that anymore."

Thanks for answering my question.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

When we were renting I made a ghetto clothes line on our back porch that was covered--when we moved to our new home and did not have a covered patio I have been searching high and low for a good clothes line (like yours) they are NO WHERE to be found. I would do all my laundry (except underwear) outside IF I could!!! I think you ROCK! Can i come borrow yours? ha ha ha Tell me if your OUTSTANDING electric bill goes down at all!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

That is so cool that you have that option! wow--8 loads of laundry in one day--you've been busy! =)

Jessica said...

When we had a line I used it but Brock used it to "Fly" on I have been lokking for another one because it saves on our APS bill and the house seems cooler.