Wednesday, July 2, 2008

American Fork Adventure

After the Hoggard reunion we traveled up to American Fork (my hometown) and stayed with my parents. My family has grown big enough that we now take up the two bedrooms in the back of the house, and eat all of my parents food. My kids love the giant swing in the backyard, watching certain movies of theirs, and grandma always has the right treats. On Monday we went to XANGO, the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. I was nervous that my kids would get a little scarred, but they loved every minute of it. The hands on exhibits were so fun that me and grandpa got into it and had other little kids running away. Afterwards we had a wonderful steak dinner made by my father, my sister and her husband also came. It was a lot of fun. On Tuesday Shiloh and I went to the Dentist (this is always a highlight and a must for a family vacation- LOL) and then we also went and did a session at the Mount Timpanogos Temple where we were married. It is terrible that it takes a vacation to get us to the temple- I hate paying a babysitter to watch my kids while I leave for 7 to 8 hours to go to the temple (I know it could be worse and that I shouldn't complain!!) I'm glad they are building a temple closer. On Wednesday we went to Seven Peaks Water Resort for half price for half a day. We figured our kids wouldn't make it a full day, but we were wrong and they were so sad when the park closed. The kids went down all the slides that they were tall enough for- I was soooooo proud! Ryan stayed home with Grandma which made the whole experience much more enjoyable and he enjoyed himself too. After the water park we went to my favorite restaurant BRICK OVEN with Michelle and Aaron. Ohhhhhh yummy! Thursday morning we all slept in and then proceeded to the last leg of our vacation.
Shiloh read all the information about the dinos
We were building dams and rivers with dino's and trees.
Emma started to sing a song very loudly and here are the words
"I love my dam, I love my dam dam dam."
There are real paleontologists in the background.
Which is what I wanted to be in Elementary school.

The kids area was a ball, even the miniture slides

I can't believe I worked here 12 summers ago

I sure don't look the same as the summer of '96

Shiloh was holding Sean and slipped on cement steps. To save Seans life he grabbed the railing and this was the resulting bruise on his arm, his back looked almost as bad. What a sacrificing father- way to go Shi!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You might not look exactly like you did in 1996, but you still look great. Especially after 3 kids!!!

Grandpas Cook said...

I like Emmas new song. I wonder if I can get away with that? :) Your visit went by fast. The mall jokes in the bedroom will be treasured for many years to come.