Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Celebration

I just love pioneer day, even if we don't get the day off and nobody in Arizona has an understanding unless your LDS. We had to wait until Saturday to celebrate, and we had a huge stake event. They had it at a ranch in Montezuma, they had food, games, entertainment, a parade, and a lake. We arrived late and had to get a ride into the ranch because our Odyssey wouldn't make it across the river. (Yeah- it was authentic!)
We had a delicious meal, that even Ryan enjoyed!
This was my contribution: Ozark Mountain Berry Pie!

The kids loved riding on the paddle boats as well as throwing rocks into the lake. Which is where I received my injury- I was making sure nobody got hit with a rock and would you know I got dinged in the elbow- OUCH!!

On Friday night I decided to pull together some pioneer outfits for the parade. I quickly sewed these together and we were able to enjoy the walk with the other kids.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is seriously the coolest way to celebrate Pioneer Day! Can I say my sister is super talented? Not only did you make pioneer clothes you made a wonderful pie! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Grandpas Cook said...

Now there's some good looking pioneers. Good job on the outfits Julie. Lovin' that pie. Do you remember your Grandpa stories about taking people across the creeks and rivers with his horse and wagon? You really stepped back in time. How many horses did that truck have?

TexasTwinsTwice said...

cute pioneer outfits! it looks like you guys had such a fun time. We were out of town and sorry to miss it--glad to see the pics though! oh, and your culinary skills are impressive as always! =)

The Gordon Bunch said...

Julie, you amaze me! Cute outfits and the pie looks like it could be the picture in a menu!! I got caught up reading your blog (finally.) Your kids are getting so big. I am confused with Emma's Kindergarten counter and school uniform. Where is she going to attend? That counter shows her starting on August 4 and I didn't think DDB had uniforms. Fill me in...

The Bargar Beauties said...

Wow, I can't believe you got those pioneer clothes done in one day! Now I know who to come to if I have any sewing questions. Also, I am very bummed I didn't get any of that pie :( Looks awesome!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

JULIES PIES ROCK!!! She saved me a piece even thought I was not there! yum yum-umm...your kindergarten counter is off? for DDB and AHA-where are you going? homeschooling-ha ha ha

Camilla said...

I love the clothes you whipped up so quick, and that pie DOES look delicious.
Glad you all had fun. Our stake celebration was a little on the simple side this year, but the kids still enjoyed the breakfast.