Monday, September 1, 2008

Quick Update (sort of)

I don't know where to begin. . . Emma started Kindergarten, and Shiloh and I took her to dinner in Sedona to celebrate. These pictures show how much fun we had there! She loves school for the most part. We just need to send her to school with duct tape over her mouth, but I guess we knew this would be a problem since her mother and father both had/have the "chatterbox syndrome." She has already had her name on the board a couple times, sat on the benches during recess a few times, and been moved right next to the teacher. BUT she does get her work done and is excelling in her writing. Woohoo! If only I could get her to eat her lunch hummmmmmmmm. So far I am enjoying American Heritage Academy. She only goes Monday through Thursday 8-2 and when I drop her off and pick her up a teacher is always there to assist. I know that she is safe! I know she is learning by the amount of knowledge she brings home each day. I enjoy staying for the first 5 minutes of school to say the pledge of allegiance and say the preamble to the constitution, but I could pass on the occasional singing of the national anthem- yet I love it! Emma loves having girl time now, and has decided that little brothers can be a "pain in the bum." She is thankful for her own room where she can lock out everyone and have her own space. She is a master at the computer both kids websites as well as looking at all my friends (and her friends) blogs! She is an amazing girl!
Sean started preschool and is attending Mountain View Preschool at the local Methodist church. He goes for 3 hours on Tuesday and Thursday- and loves it. He is more reserved than his sister in that when I come to pick him up he yells "mommy" and runs straight into my arms. He has continued to wear his cowboy boots almost every day and has already started his own routine. Sean struggles with wanting to be a big boy or a baby, which has made potty training hard, but I can see the success at the end of the tunnel He has a huge imagination! He loves to play dress up and I am constantly building him boats, castles, spaceships, etc. Now that Emma is at school most of the day he has become my little snugly bear. He hates it when he makes a mistake and needs to be told repeatedly that it's OK. I just love my little cowboy! Sean has made Ryan his partner in crime and loves to get him in trouble, they are becoming the best of friends and playmates. I love hearing them giggling in the other room.
Ryan has entered a whole new realm. He can walk, climb, communicate, and has a need for discovery and conquest. I have not seen another child with as much independence and desire for the unknown. If you think "he couldn't do that" you better think again, because this kid is capable of accomplishing anything he puts his mind too. Weather it's unlocking the front door, climbing into the oven, taking his own bath, eating an entire bag of oreos, climbing onto the cupboards for some candy, you name it- he will find a way. He's got it in his mind that sippy cups are not for him and all he wants are real cups like his big brother and sister, he has also decided that he has to feed himself and if anyone wants to help you'll end up with more on you then in his mouth. I have had a million heart attacks in the past few weeks. The thing is - he is not mischievous at all and won't do it to see how you will react. He is so dog gone curious it kills him! He loves to make us all laugh and will dance to any music with a huge smile on his face. He is the hardest kid to get mad at- and everywhere we got people fall in love with him immediately. What a great kid-o.
We decided to take a trip to Cold Stone in Sedona and we took a picture of the kids with a modern bear sculpture! What's funny is there was a lady right behind me lighting up some weed right in front of a couple dozen people. What a liberal city!
I am involved with a giant group of people who get together once a month for either a couples date night or a family get-together. A friend and I were in charge of planning August and we made it really simple by having the families gather at a park and bring their favorite summer dessert. I made some homemade root beer and we had some really yummy treats and played until the sun went down. It was a more relaxing and fun evening. Shiloh had to stay home with Ryan who wasn't feeling so good. Here are a couple of pictures from the evening. The other day I went walking at 5:30 in the morning with a friend, after we were finished I was pulling into the driveway when I noticed something in the window. I got out to examine the big black spot and the picture below is what I found. Shiloh and I debated between a giant spider or a baby tarantula- we decided a gross large spider. He was stuck between our window and the screen, so I decided that I would make "PITA" happy and I took the screen off and let the spider go free. Well the next morning I went walking at 5:30 in the morning and noticed the same spider in my garage as I was pulling out. I quickly stopped the car and watched the spider run into my house. I jumped out of the car and ran into my laundry room, I couldn't see it and so I immediately enlisted the help of my husband (not too willingly.) Suddenly we saw it start running across the room at supersonic speeds, with a yelp and a jump from me I was in the air. Shiloh was falling out of the way as I came down and ended the life of a very big spider. It made the most disgusting mess and upon my exit of the house I told my husband to clean it up! I had no intention of ever touching that disgusting thing. Moral of the story: I only forgive animals once- sorry PITA!

7 comments:

allison said...

fun to hear about your month! have you been to a scoop above(name?) across the street from d.q.? cheap,good gelato and a train set for the kids to fight over. happy blogging.

Unknown said...

This post scared the crap out of me! First, because of Ryan. I'm afraid my baby will be just like him! Thanks for the warning: lock the oven, dead bolt the door, hide the oreos.
And secondly: The spider is going to haunt me all day! Thankfully I just had my house sprayed last week! PITA SMITA. Spiders like that don't deserve to live. *shudder*

The Bargar Beauties said...

I just have to laugh! I love this age that Ryan and Kenzie are in. It sounds like they are a perfect mischievious pair! I totally agree, I rarely give big gross bugs or spiders a second chance.

The Travis' said...

I love the update!!! It is great!! Your kids are so adorable.
Just have to say, you are a lot nicer than me. I don't think I would have given a bug like that even a first chance. We had a scorpion and a tarantual at our house in Cornville, and neither one of those suckers got a second chance. Yuck!!!
You are awesome!! I am so glad we we were able to get in touch with each other again.

Michelle said...

That spider was seriously so disgusting! I can't believe you forgave him even one! Yuck!

It was fun to hear your family updates! :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Not poor pita..I HATE big spiders almost as much as I HATE snakes!!! Go Julie..I know who to call now when I need a spider exterminator! Emma is not a talker w/ Sterling--wait until they are in High School together and she will stop getting her name on the board-ha ha . Love Seans boots-they define him!! he is in the right town for those..he is not too out of place! Ryan is a doll baby and I LOVE his huge smile! i coud kiss him all day! Kepp on running/walking sista!

Camilla said...

Julie,
You are right, not a short update, but fun to hear that all is going well! How can we write short updates when we have big families and need to tell about everyone, right?
Glad you got the spider. I don't care about PETA issues, bugs are not allowed in the home. I will catch moths and dragonflies and put them out, but spiders, ants, beetles, etc get killed!
Watch out!