Thursday, September 11, 2008

Story of Dory

When we moved to Cottonwood, a little over 3 years ago we decided to buy Emma a pet fish. She wanted a pet, and that was about all I would allow. After about 6 months a friend of Emma's reached into the tank and squeezed the life out of the fish, completely devastating Emma. So we went and bought another fish. This one was named Dory and was in her bedroom for the past two years- pretty remarkable b/c it didn't get fed on a regular basis nor did it get cleaned regularly or even loved (so I thought.) It passed away on Monday evening, and when Emma came home I casually mentioned it to her (thinking she wouldn't care.) WOW! she apparently loved the fish, and morned it for a couple of hours- lots of crying. Poor Dory! Anyways, after putting the 1 inch tetra into a small Nerds box we buried him in the backyard and Emma made a "gravespoon" for her. Here are some pictures she wanted me to take and show you all. Goodbye Dory.

6 comments:

Grandpas Cook said...

Even though Emma had told me and you shared the details on the phone, seeing the pictures made me cry. Emma is such a sweetheart.

the 2 of us... said...

That reminds me of when furry the salamander died, it was Kims favorite and Ashley had been taking care of him so Ashley built him a coffin out of a checkbook box and we baried him on top of Kim before they put grass on his sight, its funny how attached they get to those critters. LOL

The Sorensen Bunch said...

What a cute girl response!!! Send Emma our sweet condolences!!! OK your new blog thing that shows who visited makes me want to check your blog every second so I can see myself on it-AND then guilty when I don;t!!!! It was a fun unplanned playdate today--I have missed you!

Trezise Momma said...

Poor Emma, and Dory. We sure miss all of our Cottonwood buddies, and Will misses playing softball with you.

Michelle said...

Oh, that is so sad! Poor Emma. I am impressed that Dory lived over 2years though. Wow.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh how sweet! I'm sorry about her fish, but she is so cute in wanting to do that for it. I remember you telling me the story of the fish getting squeezed/loved to death!

Love your new background too--makes me ready for fall!