Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sean's Special Day

At Seans preschool the parents have the opportunity to go to the school once every other month and spend time with their child. Actually it's mandatory, but I don't look at it that way because it's too much fun! On Tuesday -Sep 16- it was Sean's special day. I sent Ryan over to a friends house and Emma was at school. It was just Sean and I hanging out for 3 solid hours. HOW EXTREMELY FUN!
As you can see from the picture there is a sign telling everyone who's day it is. He recognized his name and was so excited that I was able to stay. After playing with the toys and other friends for the first 30 minutes, Sean got the opportunity to ring the clean up bell and tell everyone to clean up. He truly enjoyed telling everyone else what to do, and felt special ringing the bell.Next was circle time, where we sang some songs and talked about what day it was. Sean got to be Mrs. Patti's helper with the calendar and other business. He was a bit on the shy side and didn't really want to talk. Did you notice the shorts and cowboy boots? We then split up into stations, and they are currently "studying" bugs. I was in charge of the insect lotto game that had pictures of all sorts of ugly bugs. After about 20 minutes the Lincoln logs were pulled out- but it's a laid back preschool so it was ok. They also stamped bugs and painted butterfly wings at the other stations.
Sean then had story time, while I set up the snacks that I brought. The grapes and cheese chunks with milk were a huge success.
The last item of business before they are allowed outside to play is to journal. Here is Sean and Brandon faithfully writing (scribbling) in their journals. The last half an hour they get to go outside and play on the swings or playground or bikes. I really enjoy the school as well as the teachers. I just loved Seans special day- because it's just the two of us playing for three hours.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is such a great idea for each child to have a special day. I'm glad Sean enjoyed his and it was such a success! And I LOVE the cowboy boots!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Love the boots--of course-the place looks ALLOT cleaner and more carpet time, smaller groups--I LIKE!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

2 consecutive blowouts for the first time in 23 years-GO COUGS!!!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Darn it your blog does not register if i get on it more than one time a day..I am trying to win cousin stacy!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh i LOVE that school! I think they are doing such a great job. That's so neat that you got to go there and fully devote all your attention to just Sean. I have definitely learned from my mistake of bringing my babies with me. LOVE the boots too!