Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Emma's preschool had a special Mother's Day Celebration. They made cute placemat's with their hand prints on them, which were laminated, set the tables, picked flowers and decorated cupcakes and made juice. After we ate and visited they sang to us. It was adorable! Then we watched a movie the teachers made, it had our kids telling us why they love us and what we do to make them laugh. It was the sweetest mother's day event I've ever had. (Emma is the one on the left in the bright doorway- next to the really tall kid)
That was the highlight of my week, because the rest of the week really makes my job as a mother look unenjoyable. Ryan got the flu and threw up everywhere and then had diarrhea that woke him up every hour or so. Sean got strep throat and had a dozen fevers and uncontrollable coughs. Emma felt left out and so rebelled. Then in the midst of it all I got a violent flu, after throwing up for 5 hours straight and passing out Shiloh rushed me to the emergency room at 1:30 in the morning. Thanks to Kelli for saving the day and coming over to watch our kids. After getting meds and an iv for my dehydration we returned home in time for Shiloh to go to work. What a wonderful man I am married to!! He stayed up all night with me, went to work for just a few hours and when he came back home and made sure I slept the rest of the day. He took care of everything while I recouped. He never complained once and treated me great!
On Sunday he stayed home with the sick kids so I could go to church and actually learn. It was nice, but it felt weird to have it just be me. He made an excellent dinner and I feel truly loved as a mother! I am very grateful for my three energetic kids!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

No wonder I wasn't able to reach you this past week-you've had a very eventful week. I'm sorry everyone was sick, but I'm really glad that your Mother's Day turned out well! The preschool program sounds adorable-I bet your heart melted! Happy Mother's Day to you Julie-you do have 3 adorable kids!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

nice picture-ha ha...good to see your color back! you rockin momma!

niki said...

I'm sorry it was such a hard time for you! It's good to see you up and around again at preschool :-)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WOW! I had no idea you went through all of that. You handle it all so well! Glad you're all better--that sounds like a doozy of a week!