Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend Project

When we moved into our home three years ago there were two things that I hated about the house 1) the ugly dark blue carpet with dog hair in it and 2) the multi color, multi faded great great grandma looking curtains. We put in new carpet before we moved in and finally last weekend I removed the curtains and put up blinds. I felt so powerful using a drill and finally getting a good feel in my home. Now that they have been up for a few days I still find myself looking at them and smiling and a peace will settle over me. Silly how something so simple will bring such joy! You can totally tell that I am a stay at home mom! Out with the old!

What a big helper!

In with the new!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

The blinds look great! It's amazing how things like that will make the biggest difference. Great job on doing it yourself too!

Grandpas Cook said...

Nice blinds. You did a good job. And your helper is a sweetheart. Did you save the drapes to make clothes so you can climb trees and sing?
You make a great stay at home mom.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

JULIE ROCKS---my house is next!! Cleaning those blinds I mean!

Unknown said...

The blinds look great. Good job with the power tools!

And Karen, you make me laugh!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Great job! You sure know how to work a drill! =)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

haha that comment about making clothes out of the drapes made me LAUGH!!! (i'm sure you could do that too if you really WANTED to =)