Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Emma's First day of Kindergarten

This is one excited girl- and one proud brother! The Hello Kitty backpack and matching lunch box were a must for this year. We did get there on time, despite the fact that Emma is a "pokey little puppy." She went right in and played with a couple of friends she has already made along with the "two boys from church." (Riley and Alec) When she came home she told us how much fun she had and is excited to go back. I was sad to see my little girl so grown up and acting all big, but I was more excited for her to learn and progress and make friends. I was surprised I handled it as well as I did- no tears just a chest ache. She did get moved on the second day of school because "all the boys were talking to me." So the talking has begun. Good Luck Emma!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Emma is always going to be quite the social butterfly. I am glad she is liking school so far.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh that is sooo exciting! Too funny about the boys. She's one cute girl, so you guys just better get used to it! I love that exercise ticker goal thing on the side--i may have to steal that idea!

tiff said...

You mentioned she is going to American Heritage School--is that a private school? Is it the same corporation as the one in AF?

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Love the backpack Go GRANDMA!!!

The Travis' said...

Hey Julie,
Your kids are all adorable. My sister's daughter is the same age as Emma and is starting kindergarten too. It is amazing how fast they grow!!!