Sunday, August 10, 2008

Softball Tournament

After Ryans big birthday party I went to my church league softball tournament. We were playing the other LDS team for 3rd place, whoever won was going to have to play the best team twice to win. It was an awesome and fun game! We lost 10 to 11, but we gave it our all, and I even slid into 2nd and got a cool skinned up knee that I am really quite proud of. My Dad brought Emma and Sean to the game and the three of them cheered me on. I wasn't a great asset to the team this year, and probably won't be asked to play next year - - but it was a ton of fun! Here is a picture of the trophy we won!
On Saturday my Dad, Shiloh, Emma, Sean, Ryan, and I went to the Atlanta Braves and Diamondback game in Phoenix. We made it to the 7th inning, when the kids started getting fussy and we were loosing 9 to 3 and so we left early. It's so nice to have children who get excited about watching sporting events with their mom and dad. Go D-backs!

3 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Whatever-you WILL come back-you are the Funnest to play with ever.Glad you got the PICTS!!!! Diamondbacks game eh? ummm you do too many fun things. I need to hang w. you more often!

Michelle said...

Congrats on 3rd place! A trophy too! That's awesome! Way to slide into 2nd!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Julie--and i'm not just saying this--you played SO good this year! If I didn't know any better I'd think you had been playing softball your whole life. You were solid hitting over 2nd base. I say you've found a new talent/sport to play! =)