Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Weekend

CJ Rigg, Julie Reese (her sister and sister in law), and I went to Phoenix last weekend for an all girl retreat! Between the five of us we have 16 kids and we needed a break to relax, have girly time, and just let loose. We started the evening watching the Mummy going to dinner and then attending the Breaking Dawn party at Changing Hands Bookstore. The party was great- it had a band, food, trivia, contests, and a totally excited crowd. The News was there for when they opened the books and I had my copy in hand by 10 after 12. By 1 we were back at the resort chilling in the jacuzzi, eating junk food, splashing the mirrors, giggling, and reading. We all fell asleep between 4 and 5, but we all were up by 8 (silly internal clocks!) CJ and I went to Village Inn and enjoyed some pie, which we would never do with our kids around cuz we got to keep up the image. We then read some, checked out and cruised Phoenix, ending up eating a huge lunch around 2 then drove 2 hours back to Cottonwood. Besides being a bit tired it was a wonderful weekend. Can't wait until our next getaway- we're hoping for Vegas!!

3 comments:

The Gordon Bunch said...

I am jealous! I LOVE girl get-aways and what fun gals to hang with! You fell asleep between 4 and 5 - that is CRAZY to me!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I thought it was jsut the book signing party NOT a whole weekend away! HEELLLOOOO!!!!! I am glad-you deserve it!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Wow--what a fun thing! You are definitely still young at heart and deserve to have such fun outings. I'm glad you got a much deserved break!