Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

On Friday was my fathers birthday, and as a tradition my children sang Happy Birthday to him early in the morning. To celebrate I went to my Bishops surprise birthday party. I did eat extra cake for my dad.
Anyone who knows my dad knows that he is the kindest person and very generous with his time. He is always willing to help someone in need, and as of late his humor is seriously blooming. Apparently it was always there, but being his daughter I missed it somehow.
Some fun facts: My Dad grew up in a house a mile down the road from where I grew up. We both graduated from American Fork High School (so did his father.) He married my mother in 76 and moved into the house that they still live in today. He was in scouts the whole time I was in elementary. He was a Bishop from the time I could date until I got married. He's worked at Geneva Steel and for Utah Power. He's a huge supporter for family events: dinners, reunions, holidays, etc. He loves his family and we love him- Happy Birthday Dad! I encluded a few fun photos.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! What a great post! Happy Birthday dad!

I love the picture with Ryan and Sean-his two of his best buds for sure!

Grandpas Cook said...

Julie, that was very nice.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Now I know where your boys get some of their looks-your dad's baby picture is a combo of the two!!!