Friday, October 24, 2008

Poor Ryan

This is how my day was suppose to go:

  • Walk at 5:30am
  • Take Emma and Sean to school
  • Make 10 cakes and frost them for fall festival
  • Pick up Sean
  • Make 12 Halloween cupcakes and decorate
  • Pick up Emma
  • Prep for my Cupcake demonstration for Enrichment
  • Drop Emma off at 6 for Primary Activity
  • Go to Enrichment at 6 and do my demonstration
  • Pick up Sean around 7 and all go to Emma's school fall festival

This is how my day went:

  • Went walking
  • Kids all woke up late. While rushing to get ready, Ryan wanted to play with a toy in his crib so I put him in. About 1 minute later he was falling out of the crib and landing on the floor- flat on his back. After having the wind knocked out of him he begins screaming. I instantly pick him up and rush to Shiloh where Ryan proceeds to throw up all over me. Once he calms down and I put him on the floor he starts walking like a drunk. BUT I am in a hurry- because we are all late.
  • Drop Emma off at school- late
  • Drop Sean off at preschool- late
  • After making the cakes I start to notice that something is wrong with Ryan. Every time that I pick him up he would scream, he couldn't raise up his left hand, and he couldn't bend over and pick up a ball. After calling the doctor I picked up Sean, then made frosting and quickly frosted the 10 cakes.
  • Rushed the cakes to the school then went to Dr. Sanson's office where she ordered x-rays of his left elbow and shoulder, and informed us that he has a slight concussion. We then drove over to get the x-rays.
  • Denise Steinert was so sweet and picked up Emma from school and let her play at her house with Alec, Addie and Amy for the next few hours. I also dropped Sean off after the x-rays- just a note that Sean behaved awesome through it all.
  • RESULTS: no break in the elbow or the shoulder, but a fracture in the middle 1/3 of his clavicle (collarbone.) He will have to wear a figure 8 brace for the next 3 weeks to pull his shoulders back to heal properly.
  • I get home around 5 and feed my kids and comfort Ryan. He never got a nap that day and fell asleep around 5:30. I quickly made frosting and rushed to the church with Emma.
  • Enrichment was long and we end up going to the fall festival late and missed out on half the activities. We stay and visit for awhile, by the time the kids crawl into bed it is around 9. Then I still have to clean the disaster of a house.

Poor Ryan he is just a miserable little man, he's learning to cope and accomplish what he needs to. Yet he's still little Ryan- this morning I was helping Sean in the bathroom when he emptied the dishes in the dishwasher into the garbage can. Ahhhhhhhhh

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor Ryan! That is soooo sad! :(

I'm not surprised he is still up and going though....he has so much energy and loves to get into everything. He makes me laugh.

I hope his collar bone heals quickly and he's not in a lot of pain!

Julie, way to have a good attitude with a very hectic day!

Unknown said...

Wow! Poor Ryan and Poor mom! That's a crazy day.

My first thought when you said he fell hitting his head, and then threw up was "Crap, he has a concusion!" Poor baby! I hope he heals quickly.

You are seriously super mom.

Trezise Momma said...

Poor Baby, and he was being such a trooper when I saw him. I feel for you guys, having just been through a similar situation with Tristan. It was great seeing you though; we have missed you. Give Ryan a (gentle) hug for me.

Grandpas Cook said...

I hurt everytime I think about Ryan.
And then I chuckle about the dishes.
Kids are so resilient. No matter how they feel, they keep on going.
Hang in their Julie. You will get a nap one of these days.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

okay-something I've learned about you. You are an EXTREMELY patient and calm person. I admire that! I want you around if I were ever in an emergency! I'm sorry you had such a rough day, but seriously you handled it like a champ!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh my heck Julie...look what happens when I leave town for a few days!!! poor sweet Ryan-hang in there!