Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random babble

Some times I don't want to write individual posts on something really small. Yet- if you put a whole bunch of small things together it's more exciting to read and worth my time to blog. Here are a few things that are interesting or exciting to me. Emma's very first report card. (The front and back) The actual grades.
The format is so different than the one I received 25 years ago. Emma's school makes the parents sign them and return them.
Ryan's favorite thing to do right now is dump out cereal all over the floor. It is driving me nuts- he has completely ruined four boxes of cereal in the past two days and spent a lot of time in timeout. And still he runs to the cupboard! This is what will happen if you add flour to a Kitchen Aid before Mom turns it off.

In case you were ever wondering- this is how I get stuff done!

Emma's school had an assembly and she got an award for perfect attendance! Great Job Emma! This last Sunday was the Primary Program. We bought Emma a new dress for the occasion and so she could keep warm. All the primary children wore "Future Missionary" tags, and Emma was very proud to wear hers.
Her brother liked it as well- ahhhhh just think only16 more years.

You will probably only find these pictures funny if you knew me when I was a youngling. For those who just recently discovered my friendship I will fill you in. All through Elementary I played hard at recess; all of my jeans had holes in the knees, I would come home dirty, and I was constantly trying to hide the blisters on my hands. It drove my poor mother nuts and I could never understand why. Now. . . . . my daughter. . . . is coming home with mud and grass stains all over her knees and bottom. For the first time since I have become a mother I found myself repeating my mothers words and thinking to myself, "What am I going to do with her."

4 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Why am I NOT suprised about the dirty dirty jeans!!! Of course Emma;s report card is perfect. LOVE how you get things done-are those your curtains you are working on? I need to get a new book--you have addicted me!

Grandpas Cook said...

Oh, the memories. :) Tell Emma good job on the report card. As for Sean and Ryan, standing from afar, they really make us laugh. Tell them we love them. And Julie, you are a good and fun mom. Your personality was meant for your children. Love you bunches. Oh yeah, cute missionaries.

Michelle said...

So many cute things to comment on. I love Emma's dress and future missionary tag! She is just like you at recess-I remember the days you would come home like that. I was so opposite-hehe. Keep up the posts with random information-I love it!

Oh, and I love the "floured" Sean. :)

Trezise Momma said...

Those pants look like Tristan's. He is always dirty! He has ruined more pants, and come to think of it cereal boxes. Hmmm, maybe our kids got together and decided how best to drive us crazy!